Saturday, July 7, 2012

Love

Last summer I came to the Baptist Center to help me decide if God was calling me to work with kids in the church or inner city kids. I fell in love with the kids here and by the end of the summer I had come to the conclusion that God was calling me to work with inner city kids. Church kids know all the right answers to most church questions, and if they don't their Sunday School leader will tell it to them. They grow up in a loving home, and they have a good model of what Christ's love looks like because they see it in their homes and churches all the time.
     What about inner city kids? The majority of the kids I work with live with one parent who may or may not be loving. They don't all know who God is, or why Jesus came to earth and died for them. Love is foreign to some of these kids, and because I belong to Him, I have Christ's love in me, which means that I should have plenty of love to pour out onto these kids.
     I came back to Knoxville because I love these kids, and I want them to know that. Kids need people in their lives that they know love them, and for a lot of the kids and teens I work with there are probably very few people in their lives that love them they in the way that they should be loved. I grew up in a family that loved Christ and each other very well. I have been shown much love, both by my family but even more by Christ. I long for these kids to know the love of Christ and it is my duty as a Christ Follower to show it to them.
1 John 4:19  "We love because He first loved us."
1 John 4:12 "No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us."

Love is a Beautiful Thing, given to me by God, because He loves me, I am able to love others.


These are just three of the many kids I get to love on every day!

1 comment:

  1. Those kids are so blessed to have you as an example of Jesus to them. :)

    I'm glad God has called you there!

    ReplyDelete