Saturday, June 30, 2012

Boys

Nope, there is not a boy, that is not was this post is going to be about. Sorry if I got your hopes up! :D This post is about my high school boys here in Knoxville who I have kind of adopted as my brothers. I love and miss my little brothers ( Cyle and Cole), but having these boys here in Tennessee makes me miss them a little less. Don't get me wrong, I miss my brothers a lot, just not as much as I would because I have these boys to pick on me, make fun of me, protect me, defend me and fight for me just like Cyle and Cole do (they pick on me more than Cyle and Cole do) and I do the same to them just like I would to my real brothers.
      The young men here have shown me that even though they've grown up in a really bad part of town, they know how to be gentlemen. These boys have been there for me all summer, and I am extremely happy to have them in my life. Without them I wouldn't have much to laugh at! They can tell when I'm upset and will come give me a hug, do something stupid to make me laugh, or they'll ask me if they need to beat someone up, and I do the same for them minus the beating someone up. The past few weeks have been extremely difficult. From dealing with fighting elementary kids, disrespectful little middle school boys, being sick, and a million other little things, they always found a way to cheer me up and make me feel better, no matter what I was going through.
      They are a respectful group of young men who are defeating the odds that are against them and I pray that God continues to work in their lives and would shape them into His image. I am extremely thankful that God has placed men and women in these boys' lives to be positive role models. God is going to do Beautiful Things in their lives!
 Some of my "brothers" are in this picture. This is the best picture I could find!

No comments:

Post a Comment