Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer's End...

     It's over. The summer of 2012 has ended for me and there are no words to express how sad I am. This summer has by far been the best summer ever. I had the privilege of working with some great kids and teens, I had the best co-workers ever, my bosses were amazing, I attended a great church, and I met some great people and developed some wonderful friendships with them! I learned a lot this summer! I learned that even in the middle of what I think is a huge problem, when I can't think straight, and when I feel like I've reached my breaking point, God is right there with me, giving me the words to say, comforting me, holding me and whispering in my ear, saying "I've got you. Don't worry, you're my daughter and I love you dearly. I won't let you fall, I'll get you through this problem, I'll give you words to speak when you don't have any words, I'll keep you safe, and when you feel like you're at you're breaking point, that's because you aren't trusting Me, you aren't relying on Me, you aren't resting in Me. Find your everything in Me because I died to give you everything. I love you." Pretty amazing, right? I have an awesome God, He is my Heavenly Dad. I imagine my earthly dad, how much he loves me, cares for me and desires to protect me. God is like that, times a trillion and He's perfect. Leaves me speechless. His everlasting love is a perfect and Beautiful Thing.

     After all the struggles I've had this summer I am even more convinced that God is calling me into social work. If I can handle everything that I went through this summer without a college education, I can't wait to see what God is going to do through me with a college education! There was one day this summer where I sat down in the office after a really hard day running things alone and cried, and I thought to myself, "this is going to be part of your job if you go into social work. Do you really want to do this? Do you really want to major in social work? You'll have to toughen up, can you do it?" I sat there for a good 15 minutes contemplating this and praying about it. In the end, I came to the conclusion that social work is what God is calling me to, and I was so overwhelmed with thankfulness to God for allowing me to go through that situation, and giving me a little taste into what I'm getting myself into, before I actually get into it. I serve an amazing Lord who cares about me, and the profession I want to go in to. The care that my Lord has for me is a Beautiful Thing!

     I made some great friends this summer and they are part of what made my summer so great. They were always there for me, no matter what. I met them my first week in Tennessee. I had been emailing with Wes (the community group leader) and he told me when their group met and so I arrived, not knowing anyone, wondering what I was thinking, showing up at some persons house for Bible study with a bunch of people I didn't know. I am so glad I went. I feel like I've known these people forever. They have challenged me and helped me grow. They have comforted me in difficult times, made me laugh when I wanted to cry, and they have all made my day more than once. They have become some of my best friends and I pray that the relationships that I have developed with them continue to grow. God blessed me with these amazing people and I can't wait to see what God is going to do in their lives and how He is going to grow the friendships we have with one another. I know I've said this before, but, friendship is a Beautiful Thing designed by God and I am so thankful for it!

     I am so sad that the summer is over, but I can't wait to see what God has planned next for me! I am going to miss all my kids, my middle school girls, my Knoxville brothers, my co-workers who have become my friends, my bosses, and my wonderful friends, but I know I will see them all again. Hopefully next summer. We'll see what God has planned for me. Life is a Beautiful Thing given to us by God and we should live our whole lives for Him!

(P.S. I will continue to post things on here, it just won't be as often as it was over the summer. Be patient with me and check back occasionally!)

     

   

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God is so very awesome and wonderful to us His dear children, and I'm thankful you have a good earthly Mom and Dad to guide you. I'm glad you turn to God in the hard times---please don't ever stop doing that. You're growing up way too fast for Me. Love you, Grama

    ReplyDelete