Sunday, June 10, 2012

Girls...

Middle school girls... need I say more? I love them, but they drive me crazy sometimes. How do you have a normal conversation with 8 middle school girls who seem to only be concerned with boys, that girl who cussed her off, boys, looking hot, boys, who's dating who, and boys. I was never one of those girls, I hated drama, I was never boy crazy, never got in verbal or physical fights with girls, I grew up in the church, never wanted to date, and wanted to look cute, not hot. What do I have in common with these girls? I feel like I have absolutely nothing in common with them. But, they're girls, and I'm a girl. It's a start right? They like guys, and I like guys. (Although we are as different as night and day when it comes to what kind of guy we are attracted to.) They want to look hot, I want to look pretty. I guess I do have things in common with them after all. We sort of want the same things, we're just going about it in very different ways, maybe that's why I'm having a hard time communicating with them. I've always hung out with girls similar to myself and communication was never hard with them, they always know what I'm saying, even if it doesn't totally make sense when it comes out of my mouth. I like communication to be somewhat simple and easy. I don't really want to have to work at it, I mean, who likes to feel uncomfortable and awkward around people? Not me! But in order to spread the Gospel, being uncomfortable and awkward is going to be necessary in some situations.
             
     2 Corinthians 12:6-10 says this " Though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."  My prayer is that His power will be seen through my weaknesses, that He will use my communication (or lack thereof) with these girls to bring glory to Himself, and that I would lean into Him and rely on Him to speak through me.
He will turn this into a very Beautiful Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment