Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tennessee, Housing and Trust

16 days and I will be in Knoxville. Everything is in order, I have my plane ticket, a vehicle to drive, basically everything I will need while I am down there, except for a place to live. Just a minor detail right? I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit nervous about not having a place to live. I keep wondering why God has allowed all of my housing options to fall through, why nobody is willing to commit to having me live with them for 10 weeks. Then, earlier this week at work I think I realized part of it. I have been so consumed on finding a place on my own, contacting the pastor of the church I will be attending, communicating with him, and not seeking God in any of this. I know God wants me to stay with a godly family, but I don't know who He has in mind. I know what I want, and that is what I have been pursuing. Maybe part of the reason I don't have a place to stay is because I have been pursuing what I want and not what He has planned for me. Painful realization right? So now I am asking God to put me with the family He wants me with, and putting my trust in Him because He knows so much better than I do who I should stay with. Easier said than done. This is something that I have to do daily, some days hourly. I'll be honest, there are days where I don't want to give my living situation over to Him because I am a control freak. I want to have complete control over this, I want to know everything that goes on, but like Isaiah 55:8-9 says,"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.".  I need to daily give Him control because His ways are better than my ways and He knows better than I do who I should live  with. My prayer has gone from "Lord, let this work out this time" to "Lord put me with the family you want me to be with, soften the hearts of the people you would have me live with and help me trust You in all of this". So I am trusting Him to provide a place to live. He has always provided everything I need, He won't leave me hanging on this!


Thanks for reading!
(p.s. I am new to this whole blogging thing. I promise I'll get better at it!)

2 comments:

  1. Great first post Brittany! I'll be keeping this in my prayers for you. I love you!
    ☺ Lessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you, sweetie. Blogging is enjoyable for me, and I hope you enjoy it too. It's a great way to keep everyone informed.

    ReplyDelete